Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Rave of the Day(first one yay)

Sooooo I wanted to post my first ever "Look of the Day", which will be pics of a look(make-up usually) I did that said day. This won't be every day. It is just something I want to try. Any who, my camera battery died and my phone camera is deciding to make me look either deathly pale or like I have put on tons of tanning lotion. It's gross either way. However, another thing I would like to do is called "Rave of the Day" which basically will be something new that I love, whether it be make-up, clothes, anything I guess. Yeah...that is my explanation. Hope it makes sense.



Pictured above is this new foundation I am trying out. It is Rimmel's Stay Matte Clarifying Matte Foundation. Now, I am a girl who has not used liquid foundation in years because I have hated it. I was younger and did not know how to pick out the right color for my skin. Plus, I always thought I really did not need it. Then I tried a friends Bare Minerals starter kit to see if it actually did what it said. Well, it does. I loved it and still do. However, I am out of the foundation and cannot seem to bite the bullet and buy more. Plus, from what I have learned, mineral products like foundation and concealer do not ALWAYS look better. Anyways, about this product. I love it. It is a great color for my skin. In the picture it does look yellowish but like I said, my camera on my phone is being a jerk. It is in 200 Soft Beige. It is a very smooth formula. It has what Rimmel calls their Skinpure Complex which is to help your complexion and helps soothe sensitive skin. I do not know if that is what is helping my face look good, but it does. I have pink skin, so this color helps reduce that. It also is supposed to last 12 hours. I have not been paying attention to that detail so who knows. I bought it at Target for $6.49

The next product was just a great find. It is Maybelline's Great Lash BIG Mascara in Brownish Black. Great Lash is one of Maybelline's basic mascara lines. I used to use it all the time and then just stopped I don't know why really. Well, as usual, during my trips to Target, I always stop by the clearance where the beauty products are. Yeah I got this stuff for $3! SCORE! Normally it is a $6 product. Very inexpensive, but you cannot pass up a 1/2 off deal. This is the "BIG" kind, which has a bigger applicator and is a volumizing formula. Again, product was a Target, $3 on clearance.

Well, there we are for today. I hope this little segment of my blog goes well. I love to talk about these things so why not right? Oh and my Look of the Day was really just a natural look with brown and tan shadow and a sheer pink gloss to add shine to my lips. Since it was nothing too spectacular I guess it doesn't matter if I posted it or not :/

No comments:

Post a Comment