Thursday, January 13, 2011

Love it or Leave it: Dry Shampoo (pt. 1)

Hello all. This is one of new little segments that I would like to call "Love It or Leave It" It is simply a review process that will mainly be on beauty products. I realize that Rave of the Day may be similar, but really that is about something that I discover at a bargain or just something I found that is really cool. This is about things that I have wanted to try out for the first time because I hear about it through ads or other people, and what I think of it.  And hey, maybe all these ideas won't stick and I will stop. So please bear with my experiments. They help me grow.
I would like to denote that just because a product does not satisfy me, does not mean every other person gets the same results.

This my friends would be Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo. I kept seeing commercials for this line and thought "hmm I may want to try that". I have heard time and time again that it is bad to wash your hair everyday. Yeah, well I have thin hair that gets oily overnight, especially because of the products that I put in it. It happens to everyone. So, what better thing to do than for Tresemme to make a dry shampoo line because it is affordable...ew isn't that part of their slogan? There are also I think 2 other products to choose from. One being a foam dry shampoo for curly hair and a finishing spray. Now I do have curly/wavy hair naturally, but I tend to have the oiliness when I straighten it. In fact, sometimes when I leave my hair natural, it looks better the second day.  
So, I bought the one for straight/oily hair to normal hair it and I must say..... LEAVE IT!
It does not work for me at all. The first time I used it, it seemed to work fine. My hair felt a little bit sticky, but I figured it was supposed to be that way to set in. However, the next time I used it, it only made my hair feel worse. Unfortunately, I had already showered and did not have time to do so again to wash my hair before heading out for my day. It made my hair feel super oily and yet sticky. I also noticed gray flaky stuff was on my shoulders and parts of my hair. I thought maybe I did not use it properly and that would be the reason for the flakes, but come on! It is supposed to absorb the oil in your hair to keep your hair looking clean. Yeah not so much.
Keep in mind that this will not be the result for everyone. If you have thick hair, it may work for you. Just watch out for the flaking because it looks gross. 
And that is why I say LEAVE IT. Save your $5 for something better.
If you notice in the title, this is a part one entry. I have purchased another product that has the same purpose, but it will not arrive until this weekend. I am hoping for better results. Do not worry, it is not expensive and it will not be a secret for long.

Until next time, keep smiling. Best beauty advice ever. :D

2 comments:

  1. Well, after reading this, I don't think I will try it like I said I would. Not worth spending 5 bucks on it. Thanks Ash

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are welcome. I do not know how or why it was fine when I tried it the first time at your place. Bad bad stuff.

    ReplyDelete