Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Valentine's Day Nails: Hugs and Kisses

Hello there! Here is my second look for Valentine's Day nails. I did these on my dear friend Demi's nails. They would have been a nightmare to do on my own. Plus, I knew that she would love the look and I love doing her nails, so win win :) I saw a video of someone doing a similar look on her own nails...she must be ambidextrous. I see no other way!

This is a close up of one of the nails. As you can see, I wrote X's and O's, alternating with hearts and dots. Each nail on average took about 7-10 minutes. One nail, the thumb in particular, took me forever! Demi asked if I wanted to know the time, and I did not. It was very frustrating at that point. I drew each of the letter, hearts and dots with a toothpick and later with a dotting tool with a very small tip. The trick is to not overload with tip with polish, I did make this mistake several times with the O. That was the hardest part. When the O started to close in, I just let it dry and put a dot in the middle with the base color I used.


The colors I used..............OPI Base Coat(not pictured), OPI Ate Berries in the Canaries, Orly Lollipop for the hearts, a pink Ulta color for the dots, and Kiss Nail Art Paint for the X's and O's
FINAL PRODUCT!! Only took me two hours. OY! I am proud of this, considering I have never done anything so detailed. The more I practice the better I do :)




I want to thank Demi for letting me post this! And to thank her for her patience during this process. It was fun to do :)

I will have another look coming soon! 

No comments:

Post a Comment