Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Gearing Up To Work Out

So, it is no secret those who know me personally, but to those who do not know: I am a plus size woman. Why am I telling you this you may wonder? 
A few months ago, Rob(hubby) and I decided that it was time for a change. Now we had tried this whole healthy lifestyle change several times, but with the ambition and notion that this would be the last time. That this would be the time we stuck to it. Well...we fell off that wagon again. Not completely. Let's just imagine an actual wagon and we are holding on by only our finger tips with the rest of our heavy bodies dragging on the ground. The excuse? Oh you know the usual. Busy lives lead to eating fast food, no time to exercise, and just wanting to plop down on the couch and "relax".
I am disgusted with myself. Now that I am starting school to be an esthetician, I really feel it important to be healthy. How can I want to make myself and others want to look good on the outside, when I cannot even control what my insides look like? 

Now that I am back in the game, I would like to share some of the things I do to get ready for a workout. Yes, I have finally gotten to the beauty/fashion part of this blog. I apologize for babbling, but a little background story does not hurt anyone does it?

HAIR
These are the times that I am so glad I have hair long enough to be put up. I usually go for a bun or standard ponytail. Obviously, not everyone has long enough hair, so what do you do? I used to be in this predicament with the angled bob I was sporting, so I would at least wear a headband or at least pin the front parts of my hair with a clip or bobby pins. As far as bangs go, I think it is about personal preference. Some times I pin them or braid them back, other times I let em hang. Although, that can get annoying.
FACE
I would say my number one tip for prepping your face for working out would be this: WASH IT. You are about to sweat and if your face is already dirty, you can only imagine what you are doing to your pores. I always keep a pack of face wipes in my gym bag. My go to brand is from Target's Up and Up line. Any of them will do. I use them post and pre workout. I prefer they remove makeup as well, in case you are hitting the gym with make up on. That is another thing. I really do not like to work out with make up on. If you sweat and like to wipe your face while working out, you are just rubbing off your makeup off anyways, and mixing it with dirt. I do not want to give myself another reason to break out.
I do bring a light moisturizer with SPF in it with as well, being that I have super sensitive skin.  
I will not like though, I do wear a little bit of makeup when working out. I look weird without mascara, so I am always wearing it, workout or not. Try to go to a waterproof of course. If you do not have that, then just be careful not to rub it in your eyes.

As far as what I wear, really just the standard: a good sports bra, a baggy t-shirt and capri workout pants. 

Until next time. Keep smiling! 

No comments:

Post a Comment